Software Engineering Internship - 12 Months (June 2021) – Livingston
About the Company
At GE Digital we’re transforming how industry solves its toughest challenges, by putting industrial data to work. As part of GE, we have a unique opportunity to change the way industry works.
Our customers are on the front line of the world’s toughest industrial challenges – from enabling more renewable energy on the grid, to reducing emissions, increasing plant productivity, adapting to demand and keeping their teams safe.
We’re on a mission to bring simplicity, speed and scale to our customers’ digital transformation initiatives with software that helps them to better operate, analyse and optimize their business processes.
About the role
GE Digital is seeking sharp, personable, highly organized interns who are looking for the opportunity to grow their technical and professional skills while building a career with unlimited potential. Interns will learn from the best in the industry and work on substantial projects with real world implications, getting hands-on with digital technologies.
As a GE Digital Intern, some example assignments are Product/Project Management, Data Analytics, Information Security, Cyber Security, Application Architecture, Data Modelling, Web Applications, User Experience/Interaction Design, Cloud Technology, Software Development, or DBA (Oracle & SQL Server). GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
- Currently enrolled in a Sandwich Course/Degree program at an accredited university.
- Degree focused in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Engineering Power Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Information Science/Technology, Management Information Systems, Security and Risk Analysis, or other relevant STEM majors
- Must commit to working full time (40 hrs/wk.) during the internship.
- Need to complete an Industrial Placement in 2021 as part of their degree program and able to commit to a 12-month Internship between June 2021 - June 2022.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Edinburgh or Livingston (dependant on location applied to)
- Legal authorization to work in the UK is required. We will be unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in software, electrical engineering, power systems or relevant area.
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
- A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for both software and electrical engineering.
- Strong analytical and technical skills with experience in software industry standards and development tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and proactive learning.
- Skilled in some of the following (location specific):
- Livingston role, C++, C#, Angular, SQL, Python, Linux,
Apply online now to start your e-Placement Scotland placement journey with GE Digital