Graphic Design Intern, 10 weeks, Nairn, June 2017
Ashers Bakery Ltd, based in the beautiful Highlands, is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Graphic Designer to re-design the packaging and labelling of our product range.
As an award winning bakery we have many products which we sell through local shops and cafes. We would like to extend our reach to sell nationally and internationally and require a student with a back ground in graphics to design new packaging and labeling to allow products to be distributed further a-field.
The preferred start date is 12th of June 2017 however this is flexible and depending on the successful candidate’s availability.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
To design new packaging and labeling to allow products to be distributed nationally and internationally.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Reviewing the current logo;
- Assessing the labelling across the product range to ensure a strong brand identity;
- Designing new packaging for selected produce;
- Producing marketing, point of sale and social media graphics;
- Training of other employees in basic graphic design tasks.
Open to all current HNC, HND and undergraduate degree students who will return to their studies after the summer. Qualifications related to graphic design would be preferred, however other candidates will be considered provided they have the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Studying/ background in graphic design
- Efficient with ability to work to deadlines
- Team-player but able to work on own initiative
- Fully committed to project completion
- Knowledge packaging design
- Knowledge of the food industry
- Up-to-date knowledge of social media
As part of the ScotGrad Student Placement Programme, you will have access to a tailored graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of students/ graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All students appointed through the programme are encouraged to use the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Preferred start date: 12/06/2017
Ashers Bakery is an award winning fourth generation family bakery based in Nairn in the Scottish Highlands. We bake locally for 14 of our own shops and cafes, selected Scotmid and Spars stores and a range of outlets across the North of Scotland. We also bake a sumptuous range of biscuits and cakes which we sell nationally and overseas.