Finance Internship, Edinburgh, 3 months, 2019
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world’s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate in the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
When does the programme run?
The programme runs through the summer months. We ask that students commit to an internship of at least 8 weeks with a maximum of 14 weeks. Most interns come to us for between 10-12 weeks between June – September. This year we have internship opportunities in Finance, Research and Data Science.
What will I be doing?
Working within our Financial Division, you will gain first-hand experience of what it’s like to work in a commercial environment. Our aim is to give you an in-depth insight into the key role which our Financial Department plays in our business. If you are selected for interview, you will be given further details of the team you will be working with and the nature of the project you will be involved in prior to the interview. The nature of the work will be further explored during your interview and will be finalised in conjunction with you based on your aspirations and academic background and the requirements of our teams.
What will I gain?
• The opportunity to consider Wood Mackenzie as a potential future employer
• You will actively contribute to a Finance project, enabling you to put theory into practice
• You will be encouraged to share your ideas and previous experiences with the team
• You will learn new skills which will be of value to you in your future career and current academic studies
• You will be provided with excellent support and coaching to get the best out of your internship
• You will participate in learning and development activities in addition to your normal internship duties
What are we looking for?
We are looking for final year Under-graduate or Masters students studying in a Finance related subject area. We also require:
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• The ability to see the big picture and understand which information matters
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work as part of a team and a willingness to make a real contribution.
• Good organisation and planning skills and the ability to manage your own workload when working independently
• A serious commitment to excellence and meeting the standards which we pride ourselves on
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
How to apply
Please note that all applications must be made directly to Wood Mackenzie via the "Apply here" link below. e-Placement Scotland cannot provide feedback on individual applications