e-Placement Scotland Terms and Conditions
"Agreement" means the Terms and Conditions referred to below, in respect of which you agree to be bound in the event that you access or use the Service (as defined below).
"User" means you, the Website User.
"Information" means any and all material contained in the Website (as defined below) which is delivered by or on behalf of e-Placement Scotland or any associates thereof.
"Website" means the e-Placement Scotland Website operated under the domain of www.e-placementscotland.com
2. Ownership of the Website
The Information contained on the Website is owned by, licensed or authorised to e-Placement Scotland its assignees, licensees or sub-licensees thereof and the copyright in the text, artwork, graphics and images on the Website is owned by e-Placement Scotland or its licensors or its content or technology providers except where otherwise specified.
3. Basis of Use of the Website
The User agrees to the following:
a) that it understands, acknowledges and accepts the exclusion of liability and disclaimer provisions contained hereafter;
b) that it shall not use the Information for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful manner or for any purpose or in any manner not unauthorised by this Agreement;
c) that it shall not use the Website or the Information in any manner which may constitute an infringement of any third party rights (including but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark or confidentiality);
d) that it shall not run any tools on the Website that systematically retrieve web pages for offline or online viewing; whether it be for personal, commercial, experimental, educational or any other use;
e) that in the event that it has any right, claim or action against any other User or third party arising out of the use of the Website, it shall pursue such right, claim or action independently of and without recourse to e-Placement Scotland;
f) that it hereby agrees to indemnify and does hereby indemnify e-Placement Scotland against all costs, expenses (which shall include but not be limited to reasonable legal costs and outlays), losses and damages arising from or incurred as a consequence of any claims or demands arising from or flowing from its breach of these terms.
4. 1. e-Placement Scotland provides the Website and the Information on an "as is" basis and makes no warranty or representation whatsoever about the availability, completeness, accuracy, satisfactory quality, and/or fitness of the same for a particular purpose.
4. 2. The contents of this Website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute professional marketing advice and may not be relied on as such. Although we endeavour to ensure that the content is accurate and up to date, users should seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from any action.
4. 3. The transmission, downloading or sending of any of the material does not create any contractual relationship between e-Placement Scotland and any other party. e-Placement Scotland accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage suffered by any user of the information contained in this Website or the material downloaded from it.
4. 4. e-Placement Scotland makes no warranty or representation whatsoever about:
- the reliability or technical efficiency of the Website;
4. 5. e-Placement Scotland excludes all liability (to the extent permitted by law) in respect of
- any advertisements or other websites which can be accessed via the Website;
- any information provided by third parties which can be accessed via the Website or which are contained in the information;
- any damage to the User, the User's computer hardware, software or other material or equipment resulting from the user accessing or using the Website or the Information;
4. 6. You are not allowed to make links to the e-Placement Scotland Website without our prior written consent. The e-Placement Scotland Website contains links to other websites. e-Placement Scotland has no control over the content of other non- e-Placement Scotland websites. Whilst e-Placement Scotland may believe such sites to be useful to you or of interest to you, e-Placement Scotland makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about any content of any other website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this Website ("3rd party site"). e-Placement Scotland does not endorse or approve the content of any 3rd party site, nor will e-Placement Scotland have any liability in connection with any of them (including, but not limited to, liability arising out of any allegation that the content of any 3rd party site infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity).
4. 7. Whilst e-Placement Scotland uses all reasonable endeavours to exclude viruses from the Website it cannot ensure such exclusion and it accepts no liability for viruses and the User is therefore recommended to take all appropriate preventative measures and ensure all appropriate safeguards are in place before downloading information from the Website. Similarly, the User undertakes to take all appropriate protective measures and to ensure all appropriate safeguards are employed to prevent the introduction of viruses by the User to the Website.
6. Ownership and Intellectual Property
6. 1. The intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright and database rights) in this Website are owned by, licensed or authorised to e-Placement Scotland, its assignees, licensees or sub-licensees thereof and the copyright in the text, artwork, graphics and images on the Website is owned by e-Placement Scotland or its licensors or its content or technology providers except where otherwise specified. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions transfers to you any rights of ownership of such intellectual property rights, or constitutes a licence to use such intellectual property rights other than to the extent expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
6. 2. You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from this Website for your personal use. You may also recopy downloaded extracts to others provided you do not do so for profit. However, reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited unless for personal use. None of the content of this Website may be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other). You may not modify, distribute or reproduce the contents of this Website in any manner and for any other use without the prior written consent of e-Placement Scotland.
6. 3. You may not remove any product identification, copyright notices or other notices from e-Placement Scotland’s materials or copies of e-Placement Scotland’s materials on this Website which you may have made or printed for your own personal use. For the avoidance of doubt, framing of this Website or any part of it is not permitted without express permission. Notwithstanding the above, caching of this site is permitted by an information service provider acting in the normal course of its business as provided for in the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
6. 4. Any third-party product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on the pages of the Website are the trade marks of their respective owners and are exhibited only in such a manner as is intended to be for the benefit of such trade mark owners and e-Placement Scotland intends no infringement of such marks.
6. 5. The appearance or absence of product, services, companies, organisations, home pages or other websites on the Website does not imply the endorsement, or non-endorsement, thereof by e-Placement Scotland. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by e-Placement Scotland.
7. Amendments to Terms and Conditions
7. 1. e-Placement Scotland reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. The User's continued use or access of the Website after such variation shall be deemed to confirm the User's acceptance of any such variation. It is the User's responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions regularly to determine whether any such variation has been made. If the User does not wish to be bound by any varied Terms and Conditions it should cease using and accessing the Website immediately.
8. 1. If any provision of this Agreement shall be prohibited by or adjudged by a Court to be unlawful, void or unenforceable such provision shall to the extent required be severed from this Agreement and rendered unenforceable as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of this Agreement and shall not in any way affect the validity or enforcement of this Agreement.
9. 1. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. No contract is intended to be formed by your use of this Website and you agree any such formation of contract will not occur without the written consent of e-Placement Scotland. You hereby agree that in any contract that is formed by your use of this Website the place of performance will be Scotland.
9. 2. The Scottish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute relating to your access to and use of the Website including any contract arising therefrom. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing the Website.
At e-Placement Scotland we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy aims to explain when and why we collect personal information about people who register on our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Any question or queries about the Policy should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to e-Placement Scotland, ScotlandIS, Oracle Campus, Blackness Road, Springfield, Linlithgow, EH49 7LR
Who are we?
e-Placement Scotland is a partnership project (the Partners, we or us) between ScotlandIS and Edinburgh Napier University. e-Placement Scotland is funded by the Scottish Funding Council
We're here to simplify your experience of setting up flexible IT placements for students from universities and colleges across Scotland.
These can last from three months to a year and cover a range of IT disciplines, depending on the needs of your business. Placement students will have been studying a variety of computing, software engineering and other IT-related courses and learning about up-to-the minute IT developments.
Over half of all students who undertake placements are offered a permanent job by their employer when they graduate.
Our aim is to match students with relevant work placements to meet industry demands. Through this valuable work experience, students will increase their employability skills and gain a greater understanding of workplace challenges.
We also offer added value services to our registered students such as cv and cover letter advice as well as regular blog updates on things like filling in application forms, how to perform in a telephone interview and placement conduct."
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you when you register onto our site to find out more about or apply for placements.
What type of information is collected?
The personal information we collect from you will include:
Address (both term time and where you study)
Year of study
The Information We Collect
We try to request very little identifying information from you and require it only for a narrow set of purposes. Typically, identifying information is collected:
For registration to certain areas of the Site;
To allow us to respond to your enquiries for further information;
To distribute requested materials;
When you are submitting CVs/applying to placements;
To analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and services we offer; and
To contact you in order to send you details of our goods, services, or other information which may be of interest to you.
We may contact you by post, telephone, text or fax as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know or adjust your subscription choices via your candidate profile.
Your participation is voluntary and you will not be required to provide more information than is necessary to participate in any of the Site's activities. In any instance where non-mandatory information is sought, you will be notified of this at the point of collection.
You can subscribe on the website to receive further information from us including news and events update event details, blogs and press releases. You can unsubscribe at any time by changing your preferences under the subscriptions tab of your candidate profile or by contacting email@example.com
Disclosure of Your Data
In addition, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your Data may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the Data you provide to us without your consent.
We employ security measures to protect your Data from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.
A "cookie" is a piece of software that attaches to the hard drive of your computer and remembers information about the configuration of your computer.
We use this information to track your movements through our e-Placement Scotland website, to find out how it is being used and to assess its usefulness. Personal information about you is not collected during the tracking process.
You can disable the cookies that we attach if your browser supports this. For further information on how to do this, please refer to www.allaboutcookies.org. However, you should bear in mind that if you exercise this option, you may be unable to use some of our on-line services.
Third Party Websites
You have the right to ask for a copy of the Data held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your Data. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org