Test Engineers, Summer 2020, Dalgety Bay, Fife
About the Company
Exterity is a market leading provider of IP video, digital signage and guest experience technologies that helps organisations to harness the power of video to engage, inform and entertain. Our end-to-end solutions enable you to capture TV/video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via your existing network.
From corporate, finance and hospitality, to stadiums, education, remote facilities and more, Exterity has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions.
Our Scottish headquarters is in Dalgety Bay, Fife, just off the A90, a 2-minute walk from the train station or a short drive from Edinburgh.
About the Role
Exterity are recruiting Graduate & Intern Test Engineers to join the Quality Assurance department based in our head office Dalgety Bay. This role is particularly suited to an experienced student looking to join an award-winning company and wants to take the next step in their professional career.
Our Test Engineer roles will involve carrying out tests to verify new feature functionality in the company’s IPTV products. You will interact with developers; ensuring quality is maintained to the highest standard.
You are likely to be studying towards or have achieved a technical degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics or a related discipline.
Essential skills are:
• Excellent problem-solving, organisational and analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Patience, commitment and a desire to learn
• Understanding of software testing methodologies and processes
Desirable skills are:
• Knowledge of IP Networking
• Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Bash, Perl)
• Experience with Linux • Exposure to Windows/OS X
• Testing experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Experience with developing automated test scripts
What we offer
In addition to working with leading edge technologies and being part of our talented and collaborative team, you will you will also benefit from:
• Learning and development – working in small teams of around 5 people you will work be working on commercial projects, creating endless opportunities for you to learn and grow your software knowledge and experience.
• Career development – our growing Company creates opportunities for each member of our team, so there’s plenty of potential for development.
• Share in our success – Your efforts will be rewarded, check out: What we offer
• Flexibility - We recognise that great ideas can come at any time, so we have flexible working hours to help support this.
Exterity is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone who considers themselves suitably qualified or experienced.
How To Apply
Apply online now with a detailed cover letter to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with Exterity.