Technology Support Intern (8 weeks), June 2017, Edinburgh
This year we have intern and placement opportunities within the Core Systems Operations team within our Technology division to be based in Edinburgh.
CORE SYSTEMS OPERATIONS TEAM OVERVIEW
- The Core Systems Operations group supports and engineers every facet of BlackRock’s technology infrastructure.
- The group in Edinburgh consists of five teams who work closely together : Client Technical Services, Command Center Operations, Production Operations, Database Operations & Web Application Support.
- The teams perform a wide variety of activities from maintaining system stability to engineering solutions to ensure the scalability, resiliency and performance of our state-of the-art trading and asset management platform, Aladdin.
- We work with the infrastructure and development teams to provide subject matter expertise on the stability and performance of Aladdin, our enterprise Investment Management suite of applications.
- Be in your penultimate year at University (final year students progressing to a Masters are also eligible) and be studying a degree specialising in Computer Science, Technology and related courses.
- Be available for an 8 week summer internship starting in June 2017
- A strong interest and aptitude for quickly learning new technologies and proprietary systems as required.
- A person who thrives on interactive troubleshooting, support and engineering.