Motorola Solutions - Software Engineering Internship
3 Months (Summer 2023) - Edinburgh
We would encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
About the Company
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It enables the most important things in our lives to flourish, from our families and communities, to our businesses and economies. We build the future of safety together - www.motorolasolutions.com
About the role
Would you like to boost your career by working hand in hand with experts to develop a next-generation video management system? Help shape the direction of future features, and bring innovation and dynamism to the way we work?
We provide opportunities to improve your skills and develop your career through mentoring from experienced colleagues and an environment that supports self-driven learning. Please apply to join our highly skilled software engineering teams and contribute to the development of our products in the cloud and on-premise.
We have a fantastic city centre office in the heart of Edinburgh and fully embrace a hybrid home/office working mode
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development. Most of our software is written in C# but your experience can be in any object-oriented language
- Fast learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working towards a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Computing or Electronic Engineering expecting to graduate in 2024)
As an Engineering Team, we value:
- Communication - We design and develop in collaboration and all code is peer-reviewed prior to check-in. We work in cross-disciplinary feature teams to deliver an integrated system.
- Quality - We focus on delivering high quality software to our customers. We strive to catch bugs early by writing unit tests, automating where possible, and using continuous integration.
- Agility - We continuously adapt to changing business requirements and understanding, following Scrum.
- Mentoring - We thrive on answering questions and mentoring junior engineers.
- Diversity - We come from a wide range of backgrounds in education, work history and culture, and value the differences.
- Our office is located on Canning Street, Edinburgh.
- Duration of 12-14 weeks, starting June 2023.
- And we will pay you a competitive salary.
Apply online now with your CV and cover letter to start to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with Motorola Solutions