Security Operations Intern – 3 Months Summer 23 – Full Time – Edinburgh/Glasgow
Summer Intern position in the Cyber Security Operations Centre from May to August 2023.
Job Description Summary
A key development role within our Cyber Security Operations Centre
Join us for the summer as an intern working in the Cyber Security Operations Centre. The Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC) plays an important role in Lloyds Banking Gro up as the first line of defence to minimise the cyber threat by effectively managing the operational detective controls and responding to critical alerts through a 24x7 service.
What you will be doing...
Working alongside shift teams working within a Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC) environment to mitigate cyber security threats by monitoring IT systems for suspicious activity or threats using data collected from a variety of cyber defence tools to triage and analyse Tier 1 security alerts and respond to internal and external Cyber Threats.
Role Responsibilities are;
- Conducting security alert detection and analysis across a variety of cyber defence technologies to ensure that security incidents are identified promptly in accordance with the established security event triage process, identify, document, categorise, investigate, resolve or escalate alerts/issues. Once an initial decision on the threat severity has been made, you will deal with less complex attacks while more complex attacks will be escalated to the Senior SOC Analyst or Security Operations Shift Lead to take accountability
- If required, contribute to the development of new rule logic. Monitor rules that are yet to go live
- Perform threat hunting activities to proactively search for cyber threats that may exist in our network
- Actively participate in regular meetings that focus on improvements and new way of working
- As an Associate you will be responsible for responding to compliance related tickets and other related tasks
- Prepare reports in relation to various tasks and distribute accordingly
- Continually look to identify and implement improvements to the services we provide
- Demonstrate core Lloyds Banking Group values & behaviours as an active team member
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Studying towards a qualification in a Cyber Security discipline, ideally in 3rd of 4th year.
Please note that all successful applicants will be required to undergo a Pre-employment Screening
Apply online now with your CV and cover letter to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with Lloyds Banking Group