Junior Test Engineer, Dalgety Bay
About the Role
Exterity is recruiting for a Junior Test Engineer to join the Quality Assurance department, this role is particularly suited to a candidate that has recently completed an HNC/D College Course or other newly completed modules suited to working in a Test role and is now looking to take the next step in their professional career.
Your role will involve carrying out tests to verify new feature functionality in the company’s IPTV products. You will interact with developers; ensuring quality is maintained to the highest standard.
Essential skills are:
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patience, commitment and a desire to learn
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and processes
Desirable skills are:
- Knowledge of IP Networking
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Bash, Perl)
- Experience with Linux
- Exposure to Windows/OS X
- Testing experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with developing automated test scripts
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation qualified
Exterity is a global company with a presence on every continent. We’ve been around for over 16 years and the same core Executive team has been in place since the start. We’re profitable and have an ambitious growth strategy; in fact, we’ve seen double or triple digit growth year on year and this is set to continue.
Exterity’s headquarters is a global operation working with clients and colleagues around the world. We have employees who started in Scotland and are now in Hong Kong, Dubai, Italy, France and the US.
Our Scottish headquarters is in Dalgety Bay, Fife, just off the A90, a 2-minute walk from the train station or a short drive from Edinburgh
Exterity is an equal opportunities employer, and the only things that matter to us is your passion & ability to do this role.
Apply now to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with Exterity