Intern Programmer (UX Analyst), Edinburgh, 12 months, May 2018 - August 2019
About the role
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper’s grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We’re delighted to offer UX analyst intern opportunities within our Group Technology & Change Function, here in Edinburgh, where you’ll be given the chance to join an exciting technology transformation programme and work as part of an Agile team.
As a UX Analyst you’ll play a part in delivering the group strategy and supporting change in the organisation.
You could be tasked with working with a digital team, building the frameworks required to maintain a consistently high quality user experience on the platform, supporting the delivery of strategic initiatives by actively completing user research and using the information gathered to create site maps, wireframes and prototypes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to experience working with agile methodologies, as well as become part of a major transformation programme and support Royal London’s forward journey.
The Trainee UX Analyst will work with other UX Analysts and their team to deliver simple user experience designs that support the business needs to the agreed timescales and quality.
Accountabilities and duties
- Assists in the analysis, clarification and communication of the user experience requirements.
- Works collaboratively with their team to help shape the customer journeys required to best deliver our strategic goals.
- Documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Contributes to the UX practice by sharing ideas and experience.
- Will be a role model for the Spirit of Royal London values.
- Basic understanding of Axure.
- Basic understanding of visual design tools such as Adobe Illustrator or similar
To apply for one of our intern placements, please send your CV, covering letter and any additional supporting information you might have (portfolios, links to online work).