Information Security Analyst – Full Time – Glasgow
About the Company
V.Group limited is the worlds largest marine services provider. Core business is ship management, marine manpower services.
As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.
About the role
The Information Security Analyst will be required to assist the Group Information Security Manager with technical support in the installation, monitoring and reporting of Information Security Systems and dealing with security incidents.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Cyber Incident Management:
- Following workflow and co-ordinating actions.
- Providing communications in a timely and clear manner.
- Generating and providing reports.
- Anti-virus status and alerts
- Software patching technologies
Vessel Cyber Safety:
- Detecting, investigating and reporting on compliance with group policies.
- Supporting vessel IT support team, in cyber related issues.
- Supporting existing technologies and innovating new cyber safety technologies to improve across the business.
It is not essential that you hold a degree level qualification in an IT engineering field, but this would strengthen your application.
Security accreditation is also not essential but would be advantageous, such as: CCNA, CEH, SANS, CompTIA.
You should have:
Knowledge of cyber threats and mitigation
Knowledge of MS Windows platforms – server and user
Knowledge of well-known forensic/analytic tools (nmap, wireshark, Nessus etc)
A good understanding of the following technologies would be preferable:
• Microsoft Windows and Active Directory.
• Software delivery mechanisms (group policies etc).
• Software patching methodology.
• TCP/IP and IP protocols (SMTP, HTTP etc).
• IP routed networks.
• Marine communications systems (VSAT, FBB).
Some understanding of the following would be an advantage
• Packet capture and analysis.
• Cisco IOS, routing and switching, ASA.
• IDS, IPS systems.
• Encryption (PKI).
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.
Applications close 8th July
Apply online now to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with V Group