Hardware Engineers, Immediate starts available or Summer 2020, Dalgety Bay, Fife – Applications closing December 1st 2019
About the Company
Exterity is a market leading provider of IP video, digital signage and guest experience technologies that helps organisations to harness the power of video to engage, inform and entertain. Our end-to-end solutions enable you to capture TV/video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via your existing network.
From corporate, finance and hospitality, to stadiums, education, remote facilities and more, Exterity has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions.
Our Scottish headquarters is in Dalgety Bay, Fife, just off the A90, a 2-minute walk from the train station or a short drive from Edinburgh.
Successful candidates will likely have an excellent academic background and have achieved (or are on target to achieve) a 2:1 or above at Honours/Masters level in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or similar discipline.
You’ll also be able to demonstrate a passion for electronics or hardware design and have good knowledge of computer architecture. You’ll likely have picked up a soldering iron as a teenager, are comfortable at a lab bench debugging circuits, and you’ve probably got a string of hobby projects with microcontrollers, FPGAs or Raspberry Pi’s behind you.
About the Role
We are looking for engineers with any of these skills:
• Knowledge of electronics design using schematic capture and other CAD tools.
• Understanding of debug of designs and transfer to manufacture using oscilloscopes, logic analysers and soldering tools.
• Design of embedded products including processors (32 bit/DSP), memory subsystems (DDR and Flash), high performance peripheral chips and I/O subsystems.
• Knowledge of FPGA Development using Verilog or VHDL
• C coding for embedded systems.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft office.
Your design will be used by professional AV system administrators and embedded in end user products used by consumers like you.
Want to be involved in the next generation of our IPTV products? Then get in touch with us.
What we offer
In addition to working with leading edge technologies and being part of our talented and collaborative team, you will you will also benefit from:
• Learning and development – working in small teams of around 5 people you will work be working on commercial projects, creating endless opportunities for you to learn and grow your software knowledge and experience.
• Career development – our growing Company creates opportunities for each member of our team, so there’s plenty of potential for development.
• Share in our success – Your efforts will be rewarded, check out: What we offer
• Flexibility - We recognise that great ideas can come at any time, so we have flexible working hours to help support this.
Exterity is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone who considers themselves suitably qualified or experienced.
How To Apply
Apply online now with a detailed cover letter to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with Exterity.