Digital Skills Intern, Edinburgh, 12 months, June 2017
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 23rd May 2017.
We currently have a vacancy for a Digital Skills Intern, this is a key role within Blackwood supporting our innovative care and tenant system, CleverCogs™ which helps people live their lives to the full.
Joining the Research and Innovation team, you will be responsible for helping our customers and staff develop skills in the use of digital devices such as pc’s, laptops, tablets, applications and other mobile devices. Digital skills training must be both personalised and outcome-focussed for our customers delivered flexibly in one-to-one visits or group learning days. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in the ongoing creation of an award-winning digital skills learning programme and participate in the planning and development of online learning modules to support digital inclusion.
Working as a part of the CleverCogs™ project, you will be able to assist the team in testing Blackwood’s innovative approaches as well as representing Blackwood in external events across the region. As a result, you will be able to develop excellent communication and presentation skills as well as engaging with our customers, staff and external partners.
The successful applicant will:
- have proficient IT skills and a strong interest in the further development of IT
- have confidence in supporting customers to use the internet including email, social media, online shopping, video calling and keeping safe
- be able to engage with staff teams and deliver clear and effective training methods that support mobile working
- be expected to develop an understanding of care provision both within Blackwood and the wider sector
- have the ability to build strong and trusting relationships with all CleverCogs™ users and their families. This requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire others
- have the ability to manage assigned tasks within the required timescales and budget. Exceptional planning and organisational skills are essential
- Excellent benefits package, including company sick pay scheme with a qualifying period of 6 months
- 34 days holiday per annum including public holidays pro rata for part time hours
- Travel expenses
- Payment of PVG
This post involves travel to our services within the East region (including Edinburgh and Stirling) with overnight stays.
How to apply
Please note that e-Placement are not handling applications for this role. To apply, you must download and complete the application pack here, quoting Ref:23/17, and send to email@example.com.