Digital Marketing, West Lothian , 12 Months (Full or Part Time Considered)
Internship Dates: May 2019 – May 2020
Freecom UK Limited T/A Freemove is a start-up business, looking to establish itself as an innovative and forward-thinking organisation within the UK online property market, specifically involved in providing an alternative to traditional property portals, estate agents, and property information platforms.
The Freemove website portal concept provides a clear route to market, defined to enable users to market and sell their homes direct, for free, without using estate agents, whilst accessing other 3rd party services, information, and advertising related to property and moving home, such as mortgages, conveyancing and removals.
In addition to searching for homes, users will also be able to search for and connect with buyers or tenants, something which is not currently available on any property portals in the UK. Users will form connections, build relationships, and share information, forming the UK’s first ever property based social network.
The launch of this project is being delivered in collaboration with our partners, a global organisation, Purdie Worldwide Removals Limited.
We are delighted to offer a 1 year placement to work as a digital marketing manager within our business development team. You will be based within our offices at Purdie Worldwide and will be managed by the Freemove Business Development Director and supported by the existing team at Purdie Worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment, where we will encourage you to work with freedom and utilise your own skills and ideas. You will be given opportunities to participate in weekly and monthly team meetings and develop your own personal skills in areas such as entrepreneurship, business start up, business planning, business development, sales and digital marketing.
This internship may offer future employment opportunities for successful placements
About the role
Reporting to the Business Development Manager you will be responsible for the promotion of the Freemove website and our partner services through a variety of digital channels, using the internet and mobile technology. Push and pull marketing techniques are applied, targeting consumers both directly and indirectly.
In the role of digital marketer, you'll be involved in developing our organisation's multi-channel communication strategies and may work across several areas.
Duties will include:
- Create and upload copy and images for the organisation's website
- Write and dispatch email marketing campaigns
- Provide accurate reports and analysis to clients and company management to demonstrate effective return on investment (ROI)
- Research new online media opportunities that may benefit the business including mobile, social media, development of blogs and forums
- Design website banners and assist with web visuals
- Communicate with clients, affiliate networks and affiliate partners
- Conduct keyword research and web statistics reporting
- Contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
- Use web analytics software to monitor the performance of client websites and make recommendations for improvement
- Contribute to company and industry blogs and manage e-communications
- Assist with paid media, including liaising with digital advertising agencies
- Develop and integrate content marketing strategies
- Keep up to date with current digital trends
- Manage the contact database and assist with lead generation activities
- Negotiate with media suppliers to achieve the best price for clients.
- Good understanding of;
- Social media marketing - developing a distinct online presence by attracting high numbers of internet followers through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) - developing strategies to increase the number of visitors to a website by achieving high-ranking placements in search results.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns - sponsored online advertising paid for by the business to appear alongside non-paid search results.
- Mobile marketing - includes app-based, in-game, location-based and SMS marketing.
- Affiliate marketing - where a business allows other businesses (affiliates) to sell products on their website. The affiliate is paid commission for each customer brought to the website by their own marketing strategies.
Apply online now to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with Freemove
Don’t forget your cover letter!