2021 Program Analyst – Aladdin Client Services
About the company
BlackRock is a global investment manager, serving the UK market for more than 20 years. We are committed to helping more and more people plan for their financial future. No matter what your goals may be, at BlackRock, we are invested in you.
BlackRock offers a range of solutions for institutions, financial professionals and individuals across the UK. From shop assistants in your local stores to national organisations and charities, BlackRock has helped people from the UK take control of their financial security for more than 20 years.
More information can be found here:
About the role
Every day, the Aladdin Client Services team tackles the hardest, most sophisticated problems in FinTech. We utilize our indepth understanding of Aladdin, our clients’ businesses, and the investment management process to provide world-class service to our rapidly-growing, global client base. We all studied different things and bring diverse skills and experiences to the table, but we share a serious passion for solving tough problems and keeping our clients happy.
Aladdin is BlackRock’s end-to-end investment platform. Just like the markets and users it services, it is sophisticated and constantly evolving:
• Home to over $17 trillion in assets under management
• Over 300 unique clients
• A rapidly growing client base that includes close to 30,000 users
• Presence in over 50 countries
• Over 1,500 engineers dedicated to developing Aladdin
The clients you will work with include some of the world’s most sophisticated asset managers, insurance companies, banks, treasuries, pension funds, and sovereign wealth funds.
Our business is known for:
Being product experts with a reputation for getting the job done.
As a team of 170+ strong globally, we…
- Deliver exceptional client service to users, every time
- Solve difficult problems by providing innovative solutions
- Collaborate with others because we know we can do more together
- Learn every day, question everything, and embrace change
- Foster a fun, innovative team atmosphere
What will you do as an analyst?
- Answer questions and help our clients run their businesses on Aladdin: You will take phone calls, emails, and chats from industry practitioners at respected investment institutions.
- You will solve problems that matter, making direct and measurable difference to our clients. In the process, you will build technical, industry, and relationship skills.
- Use technology to solve problems: We will teach you the skills you need to succeed, such as maneuvering relational databases and parsing product logs. After just your first few weeks on the desk, you will be using these skills to help clients and product teams make Aladdin better. Educate users, demonstrate service insights, and relay user experience feedback to improve the client experience and our product: We believe that the best client service is proactive, not reactive. We are students of our own data and engage with our clients to keep problems from arising, rather than only dealing with issues that are brought to our attention.
Work on a global team, with a local presence:
Our support model follows the sun – if a market is open somewhere in the world, so are we!
You will get to work with teams across the world, while still engaging with a vibrant local team.
What capabilities are we looking for?
- Analytical approach
- Basic or intermediate coding and programming skills
- Client Service
- Critical thinking
Your learning and development will include:
We are laser focused on giving our analysts the skills they need for a successful career in the Aladdin Business and BlackRock. During their second year, our analysts have the opportunity to work on specialized projects with other Aladdin teams. These projects leverage their product, technical and client skills; launching them into impactful roles in our business.
Apply online now to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with BlackRock