www.e-PlacementScotland.com is a site operated by a partnership (the Partners, we or us) of e-skills UK Sector Skills Council Ltd, ScotlandIS and Edinburgh Napier University. e-Placement Scotlland is funded by the Scottish Funding Council.
The Partners hereby grant to visitors to this website access to these pages conditional upon your agreement to the following terms of usage and the terms of our privacy statement and acceptable use policy. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You hereby accept the application of the laws of Scotland to govern matters between us in relation to this web site and you agree to indemnify us and not hold us liable for the result of any actions you may take based on the information contained herein.
Neither the Partners nor any of their employees, agents or sub-contractors make any warranty, expressed or implied, or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site or any web site referred to nor that these web pages will be free from errors or that its availability will be uninterrupted. The Partners do not warrant that the information on this site is suitable for the purposes for which you may need it or use it. The Partners cannot be held responsible for the contents of any pages referred to by an external link. A reference on this site to any persons, products, web sites or services does not constitute or imply their endorsements, recommendation or favouring by the Partners, their employees, agents or sub-contractors.
All copyright to the Partner's publications and their contents vest in the Partners unless stated otherwise. Although the Partners have used their reasonable endeavours in compiling these publications they do not guarantee nor shall it be responsible for reliance upon the contents of the publications and shall not be liable for any false, inaccurate or incomplete information. Any reliance placed upon the contents by the reader is at the reader’s sole risk and the Partners shall not be liable for any consequences of such reliance.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law, nor does it affect or limit any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
The materials and information contained on this web site (Content) and all copyright and other intellectual property rights therein belong to the Partners or their content providers. You are hereby granted permission to access the Site and print a copy of the page as a record of your visit. All other use of the Site and its Content, including modification, publication, transmission, creation of derivative works, incorporation into another web site or reproducing the Site or the Content (whether by linking, framing or any other method) is not permitted without the Partners' prior express written consent.
Posting or transmitting to or from this web site any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law, is prohibited.
Where applicable, the purchase of any products advertised on this site will be subject to the additional terms and conditions of purchase and where appropriate licence terms and the products are intended to be available only to those persons residing in the country or countries specified in the terms and conditions.
Personal information about you which you submit to us will be governed by the terms of our privacy statement. In relation to all other information you submit will be subject to our acceptable use policy and you hereby agree and warrant
- that such material or information is not confidential or proprietary and the Partners shall be free to use any such information in any manner for any purpose without charge or liability to you and you agree not to take any action against the Partners in relation to the use of such material or information.
- that you own or have unrestricted rights to the material or information submitted to the Partners and you shall indemnify and render the Partners harmless against any and all claims, suits proceedings, expenses, recoveries and damages including court costs and lawyers fees and expenses of any type whatsoever, brought against the Partners in connection with infringement of third party rights in respect of the material or information that you submitted.
- to take reasonable steps to ensure that the material or information is free from any known computer viruses, or other contaminates, including but not limited to any code or instructions that may be used to modify damage disable or compromise the security of this web site, or the Partners' computer systems or networks.
Personally identifiable information is not required to obtain access to any part of our public sites, but if you choose to withhold such information where it is expressly required, we may not be able to:-
- give you access to certain sections of the site;
- process any order for learning materials or other product you have placed
- send you information you may have requested; or
- contact you
We collect two types of information from you:-
- information you submit to us
- information our site gathers automatically
If you wish, where available:-
- to access certain areas of the web site
- to purchase learning materials or other products
- to register your interest in any promotions, projects, services, competitions etc offered on the website
- us to contact you
We will normally require you to complete a registration form. Our registration form requires some basic information including contact information (name, address, and phone number), and payment information (if applicable) needed to process your order, register or enable us to contact you. There are also some non-required fields on our registration form that you may use to provide more data about yourself to help us serve you better.
By entering your details on any of the forms at www.e-PlacementScotland.com, you hereby confirm that the Partners may use such information for our internal business purposes including monitoring enquiries, compiling enquiry statistics and providing such information to any group company or sponsor of the Partners. If you do not wish for your details to be used for this purpose you should not complete the registration details. Nothing in this section affects your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
When filling out a form on this website, if you wish to be contacted by the Partners about other services and information of potential interest and benefit to you and/or your organisation, you will be given the opportunity to tick the "opt-in" box provided at the end of each form.
At any time you can withdraw permission for the use of your personal information. This can be done by sending a blank email to email@example.com and type "remove", in the subject field.
We welcome everyone to search and use our site without charge to view the information and materials available for purchase or made available free of charge. As you browse our web site we may log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer not the e-mail address) and other standard tracking data to evaluate which parts of our site you visit and how long you stay there. This information is aggregated with tracking data from all site visitors to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the web site, pages viewed, etc.
We use aggregated information to help us evaluate the information, training materials and other products and services, including any new offerings we make available on our web site and to measure the use of our site and generally improve the content. Site use tracking data is never associated with individually identifiable information that would reveal anything personal about you.
Like many other commercial web sites, the Partners may use standard technology known as 'cookies' to collect information about how you use the site and to ensure that visits go smoothly, especially if you are placing an order for training materials or other product.
[Our cookies neither reveal nor contain any identifying or personal data. Cookies can't read any information on your computer or interact with other cookies on your hard drive.]
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser settings. NOTE: Disabling cookie support will prevent this site from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilise fully all of its features and information.
In some of our customer email communications, we may use a device called a "click-through URL." When you click on one of these URLs, you pass through our system before arriving at the web site that is your true destination. the Partners uses click-throughs to determine the level of interest in particular topics and to measure the effectiveness of our communications. We do not share this data with anyone, and we make no attempt to match click-throughs to particular email addresses.
e-Placement Scotland strives to achieve equal opportunities in employment,welcoming applications from people of any race, cultural, ethnic or national origin or gender. Any information collected will be treated in confidence and used to generate statistics for the Scottish Funding Council and will not be made available to employers.
We will only use any personally identifiable information to, where applicable:
- process an order where online ordering is available
- register your interest in the Partners learning materials and other products, projects, competitions, awards or services or the Partners offers
- improve our ability to serve you when you make an inquiry or request
- contact you where you have asked us to do so;
- market our learning materials, products or services.
- provide ongoing monitoring or support in relation to any course
If you purchase products through our site we use your registration information to process your order(s) and to send you email about your orders. If you submit credit card information, we use that information to collect payment for your orders. the Partners uses encryption technology to attempt to protect your credit card details however the Partners can not guarantee that such technology is totally private or secure. If you would prefer to make payment by another method please contact us to discuss this aspect.
The information you provide or we obtain from you via the the Partners web site will be held primarily by the Partners. You agree that we may show the information you provide to such of our employees as need to see it and, because The Partners aresometimes funded by third parties in relation to specific projects or in connection with creating learning materials or in liaison with accreditation bodies we may send it to such persons. You agree we may also share you information with third parties engaged to assist in the processing of any order, or in relation to any courses run or any other services provided to you.
We may also provide individually identifiable information to third parties in any case where it is required by law.
It is the Partners' policy not to disclose any individually identifiable information about site users to third parties without specific permission to do so. We do not sell users' names or email addresses to other companies to use to send unsolicited advertisements or mail.
Any third party display advertisements or links to third party sites shown on our site may collect user information if you click or follow their instructions. We do not control any data collected voluntarily or involuntarily through these advertisements or third party sites. You should investigate the privacy policies of any such site if you have concerns about its collection and use of user information.
The Partners may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the the Partners site following the posting of changes to this Statement means you accept the changes we make. If you have any comments or questions regarding this Privacy Statement or site Terms, please contact us.
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.e-PlacementScotland.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.e-PlacementScotland.com is a site operated by a partnership (the Partner, we or us) of e-skills UK Sector Skills Council Ltd, ScotlandIS and Edinburgh Napier University.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of ourterms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Interactive services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- Private and public forums and discussions.
- Personal record of training and achievements.
- Event sign up.
- Internal site messaging.
- Quick polls.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Where the site provides access to a Bulletin board or chat room as part of the interactive services then access to such services shall be subject to registering with the site. The following provisions shall also apply:
The service shall not be moderated. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any Contribution submitted to the interactive service and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the interactive service by any person in contravention of these Rules. We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of any third party rights.
The interactive services, unless expressly stated otherwise, shall not be available to any minors being persons under the age of 16.
For the purposes of this acceptable use policy a “Contribution” is any material or information you upload or contribute to any service provided on the website.
Please read the instructions carefully as there may be a limit as to the words or information or size of Contribution you will be allowed to make there may also be limitations as to the format of the Contribution or the process to adding a new thread in a public access area.
If you wish to add your Contribution to a public forum your name and location will appear as part of your Contribution when published. Some public forums will permit anonymous Contributions, we will still know it was you providing the Contribution but your name will be withheld when it is published. If you wish for your Contribution to be anonymous, please tick the box indicated.
To enable us to publish comments in any public forum from as many different people as possible, please refrain from posting multiple Contributions. Multiple Contributions may discourage others who might otherwise wish to take part.
These content standards apply to any and all Contributions which you contribute to our site, and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
• Be accurate (where they state facts).
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- Where you are sponsored by an employer disclosure of any remedial action we take against you to such employer.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.