Website Developer, West Lothian, 12 Months
Internship Dates: May 2019 – May 2020
Freecom UK Limited T/A Freemove is a start-up business, looking to establish itself as an innovative and forward-thinking organisation within the UK online property market, specifically involved in providing an alternative to traditional property portals, estate agents, and property information platforms.
The Freemove website portal concept provides a clear route to market, defined to enable users to market and sell their homes direct, for free, without using estate agents, whilst accessing other 3rd party services, information, and advertising related to property and moving home, such as mortgages, conveyancing and removals.
In addition to searching for homes, users will also be able to search for and connect with buyers or tenants, something which is not currently available on any property portals in the UK. Users will form connections, build relationships, and share information, forming the UK’s first ever property based social network.
The launch of this project is being delivered in collaboration with our partners, a global organisation, Purdie Worldwide Removals Limited.
We are delighted to offer a 1 year placement to work as a website developer within our business development team. You will be based within our offices at Purdie Worldwide and will be managed by the Freemove Business Development Director and supported by the inhouse website developer at Purdie Worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment, where we will encourage you to work with freedom and utilise your own skills and ideas. You will be given opportunities to participate in weekly and monthly team meetings and develop your own personal skills in areas such as entrepreneurship, business start up, business planning, business development, sales and digital marketing.
This internship may offer future employment opportunities for successful placements
About the role
Reporting to the Business Development Director you will will work to agreed scopes of work to improve the functionality and design of the Freemove website platform. Add in any new features that are required and day to day maintenance of the website.
Duties will include:
- Work to agreed scopes of work to improve design and functionality of the current platform.
- Responsible for back end and front-end development of the online platform.
- Work with the management team to ensure high performance and user availability of the platform.
- To support in the registration of new users and safe storage of data within the back-end system.
- To support the management team on other day to day duties as required for successful ongoing development of the website.
- Support design of digital marketing collateral where appropriate.
- Support the safe storage and use of data collected within the Freemove platform.
- Work with third parties to integrate API’s.
- Good understanding of front-end technologies including HTML5, CSS, Java Script, React and Redux.
- Knowledge of back end development using Django and the Django rest framework for the main platform.
- Desirable but not essential to have knowledge of using some, or all, of the following: NodeJS, Postgres, Microsoft Azure and Database Design.
Apply online to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with Freemove
Don’t forget your Cover Letter!