Software Engineering Internship - 3 Months - Summer 2019 - Edinburgh
About the company
Other people write code. We keep people safe.
At IndigoVision we create products for the CCTV security industry that enable our customers to monitor CCTV video, record and play back incidents, handle alarms and configure their entire system. Our products are used globally on a daily basis, in Las Vegas casinos, FIFA World Cup stadiums, major airports and cities. We are continually adding new features and each one has a clear real-world benefit.
We are looking for interns to help us add these new features to our software. This is not your regular internship – you won’t be making tea or working on some project that will never see the light of day. This internship will give you real-world problems to solve and real-world products to ship your solutions in. As a Software Engineering Intern at IndigoVision you will be working with other interns, guided by IndigoVision’s senior engineers. They will be on hand to answer questions and mentor you in industry best practices such as agile development, code reviews and continuous integration.
- Strong record of object-oriented development. Most of our software is written in C++ but your experience can be in any object-oriented language
- Fast learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working towards a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Computing or Electronic Engineering (expected graduation in 2020)
As an Engineering Team, we value:
We design and develop in collaboration and all code is peer-reviewed prior to check-in. We work in cross-disciplinary feature teams to deliver an integrated system.
We focus on delivering high quality software to our customers. We strive to catch bugs early by writing unit tests, automating where possible, and using continuous integration.
We continuously adapt to changing business requirements and understanding. Our release train departs three times a year and unlike real trains we always depart on time.
We thrive on answering questions and mentoring junior engineers.
We come from a wide range of backgrounds in education, work history and culture, and value the differences.
- The positions are based at the company’s Head Office in Edinburgh, UK.
- 12 weeks, starting June 2019.
- And we will pay you a competitive salary.
Applications close on the 15th of February 2019, but places are limited so we would encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
So if you are interested in applying as well as your CV please provide a cover letter which answers the following two questions:
1. What is the most important feature of a good quality surveillance system and why?
2. Describe an interesting personal or university project you have worked on.
Apply online to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with Indigovision