Software Engineer, Glasgow, 3 months +
About the company
TreeGreen is an SME that is growing quickly and has a strong customer base. Our success is based on honesty, best value and innovation. We provide energy efficient products and controls which reduce energy bills. We successfully help homes, businesses and public authorities transform their energy efficiency with the latest technology.
Our core business is LED lighting. However, we are firmly entrenched in the development of home automation products and currently have several projects ongoing.
Treegreen currently subcontracts product development to 3rd parties (universities and freelance developers). However, as the business grows we have a requirement to bring these skills into the business as full time roles.
We are currently developing a smart heating system (low power wifi) and smart lighting (Sigfox).
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a high degree of technical knowledge. Someone who is confident enough to try new things and can be self-sufficient. You will be expected to converse and work with multiple technical experts. You will be a key technical representative for the business.
We are looking for someone that can eventually grow into a senior role and hopefully get to a level to be able to lead technical projects. You will be expected to apply what you have learned at university into commercial products.
Passion for home automation is key, peppered with plenty of drive and ambition.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with, what is effectively a start-up, and have a real impact on the company’s future success and direction.
Your role is expected to grow quickly along with your remuneration.
• Working knowledge of linux server administration & good idea about server infrastructure;
• In-depth understanding of mysql (or comparable RDBMS), emphasis to optimisation & performance;
• Excellent php skills, industry experience with at least one mvc framework;
• Care a lot about product and user experience and take responsibility for thinking like a user. We’re looking for people who don’t rely on a designer to figure UX/UI stuff out for them.
• Methodical and mildly allergic to spaghetti code;
• Well-balanced between efficiency and perfectionism;
• Team player who is not afraid to contribute ideas & who is not upset if voted down;
• Experienced with agile methodologies;
• Able to manage your own time;
• Great numerical & reasoning skills;
• Overall excellent software engineer!
Apply now to start your e-Placement journey with TreeGreen.