Software Development Intern, Summer 2018, Glasgow
Full time & part time, summer & term time positions available
SIMUL8 is a fast growing, exciting company. We are looking for interns for our Glasgow office to share their energy, contribute to and learn from our team.
Why SIMUL8 Corporation?
Huge impact. The world’s biggest organizations rely on our software. Our customers use our simulation technology to save lives in Healthcare, optimize Manufacturing plants, contribute to advances in Aerospace and so much more. You'll be designing, building, and shipping features that they'll love and enable global change.
Part of a great company. We’ve grown quickly from a start-up to become one of the global power houses of process simulation. But we’ve kept our start-up vibe, culture, innovative enthusiasm and agility. At SIMUL8 Corporation every person counts and every person makes a difference.
What we offer you
- Internships are paid, you’ll be doing a real job so we’ll pay you a real salary. Bonuses for exceptional work are available.
- Flexible working hours to suit your timetable.
- Commitment to your personal training and development, both technical and soft skills. You’ll be learning from the best, our development team are cutting edge, best of all they want to help you learn.
- Learn to innovate at a fast pace using Agile and Lean Startup methodologies.
- Invent and prototype new features, then build, test and ship them in our products.
- You’ll be expected to be a fully functioning member of the team, no sitting just watching us do, no pretend time filler projects. You’ll do real work that makes a real impact on our business.
What will you learn?
- Engineering best practice.
- How to work with users and customers to develop the tools they need, not what they ask for.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for programming.
- Hands-on programming experience through coursework, projects, and previous internships.
- A working understanding of developing software for the web.
- The ability to understand and to make yourself understood by other people.
- Effective self-starter who enjoys problem-solving, with a passion for technology and flexibility to adapt and learn whatever may be required.