Sales Intern - Edinburgh, London or Reading, 12 months, 2019
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
About the Intern Programme
When you do an internship with us you will come into a real job role and belong to an established team, receive a full induction as well as on the job coaching, mentoring and personal development.
Based in Reading, London or Edinburgh you’ll have an unforgettable year working in any number of roles and areas. From data analyst roles to PR and marketing, sales and technical roles, no matter what you are studying there is a place for you at Microsoft.
Stretch (Extra) Projects
On top of your day-to-day role, you also have the chance to get involved in a variety of stretch projects. Stretch projects are in addition to your job role and unique to the intern programme. They include teams that evangelise about our exciting technology to external audiences, support on impactful citizenship projects, help with diversity events and fundraising activities and work on business impact projects with senior leaders. There are also opportunities to manage blogs, design apps and undertake internal projects, whatever your passion is there is a stretch project for you.
We’ll help you make the most of your talents with training that looks something like this:
- 70% learning on the job
- 20% learning from your manager, peers and mentor
- 10% learning through structured courses and role-specific training
Some of the highlights of your training will include:
- Three-day induction
- Manager one-to-ones
- Quarterly development meetings
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams
- Organised Intern community events
- Access to the Microsoft Learning Centre
Our Sales Teams are the lifeline of Microsoft. They know how our products help our customers and ensure we keep our competitive advantage. Join them and learn the ins and outs of selling products to the world's biggest companies.
What qualities do we look for in our people?
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay maniacally focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative, matrixed global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with insatiable curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Resourceful: you have the drive to overcome any obstacle in your work.
- Customer Focused: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Pure Challenge: demonstrated desire and ability to readily take on complex challenges and work towards solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
- Passion for Technology: you're deeply motivated by the incredible opportunity of how technology can inspire and ignite change and renewal.
You must be eligible to undertake a 12-month placement commencing July 2019. Please ensure you attach a current up to date CV to your application
What you will get? Rewards & benefits
Alongside the long-term career benefits, the Intern programme comes with some great advantages from day one. You’ll earn a competitive salary of £17,000 and be given 25 days’ holiday during your year with us, three days a year to volunteer for a cause of your choice, product discounts, subsidised cafes and restaurants, free drinks, gym membership (HQ), wellbeing centres and free legal advice and emotional support.
How to apply
All candidates must apply directly via the "Apply here" link below. Please note that all applications are being managed by Microsoft and therefore we cannot provide feedback to individual applicants.