Marketing Assistant, 12 weeks, Moray, June 2017
Speyside Craft Brewery, have an exciting 12 week placement, for a motivated and creative student to join our team in Forres. As Marketing Assistant you will support the re-brand of our product range and the launch of our new whisky India Pale Ale.
The product re-branding is central to our marketing plan, in order to maximise sales of our current and new product lines. We require support for this project in terms of brand promotion through digital media including our website and social media platforms as well as merchandising.
We will also require support with the launch and promotion of our new product development whisky India Pale Ale (IPA).
The preferred start date is 3rd of July 2017 however this is flexible and depending on the successful candidate’s availability.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Support the re-design of our website, brand and content;
- Create written and visual content for social media;
- Provide event support for launch of new products and re-brand;
- Co-ordinate the production and distribution of merchandise.
Open to all current HNC, HND and undergraduate degree students who will return to their studies after the summer. Qualifications related to marketing would be preferred, however other candidates will be considered provided they have the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- An understanding of digital marketing principles
- An ability to write copy appropriate to specific media
- A can-do attitude and tenacity to ensure things get done
- Strong organisational skills
- Creative mind
- Can contribute in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- Knowledge of design software (ie adobe Photoshop or similar)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Interest in the craft brewing sector
As part of the ScotGrad Student Placement Programme, you will have access to a tailored graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of students/ graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All students appointed through the programme are encouraged to use the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Location: Forres, Moray
Preferred start date: 03/07/2017
Speyside Craft Brewery was established in 2012 by Seb Jones, who designed and operated the brewery single handed for the first year of trading. Due to our success we now have 9 additional staff working to help the brewery grow further.
We have 6 core range beers which we have in casks, kegs, pins and bottles. We also do seasonals throughout the year and a whisky beer which we brew for Glenfiddich, this makes for a very busy brewing schedule all year round.
How to apply
Please note all applications are handled externally. To apply, click "Apply here" below and you will be taken to the ScotGrad website.