Marketing & Events Co-ordinator, Campbeltown, 12 weeks, Summer 2017
About the company
Beinn an Tuirc Distillers, based on east coast of the Kintyre peninsula, have an exciting placement opportunity for a Marketing and Events Co-ordinator. This 12 week student placement will involve assisting with product launch, raising our brand awareness through the creation of marketing materials, promotion through social media as well as helping to organise tasting events and other industry events.
About the role
The successful candidate will assist in the launch of our first product, assist with the branding or our second product as well as support the creation of a ‘visitor experience’ at the distillery.
The preferred start date is 29th of May 2017 however this is flexible and depending on the successful candidate’s availability.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
To assist with marketing activity, in relation to the product launch, and organise events.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- assisting with the advertising launch of Kintyre Gin through social media and tasting events;
- assisting in the branding and design of the second product;
- supporting the creation of a film to promote the distillery and products;
- assisting in the creation of the ‘visitor experience’ at the distillery.
Open to all current HNC, HND and undergraduate degree students who will return to their studies after the summer. All candidates will be considered provided they have the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Understanding of marketing principles
- Knowledge of digital marketing, including Google Analytics
- Confident communicator
- Attention to detail
- Team player as well as able to use own initiative
- Commitment to project completion
- Good numerical skills
- Understanding of budget management
- Good inter-personal skills
- Previous tourism experience
- Knowledge of Hootsuite or other social media management tools
- Understanding of event management
- Knowledge of international markets
Contribution to travel and mobile phone costs.
Additional training if available locally.
Advice on the local accommodation options is available if required.
As part of the ScotGrad Student Placement Programme, you will have access to a tailored graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of students/ graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All students appointed through the programme are encouraged to use the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Location: Carradale, Argyll
Preferred start date: 29/05/2017
How to apply
All applications are being handled by ScotGrad - candidates must apply via this link: