Junior Developer, Glasgow, 12 months
About the role
As the Junior Developer here at Adimo you will be responsible for supporting our Web Development team; being adaptable, coupled with the energy and enthusiasm to enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment.
Your purpose is to provide the product & development team full support with client and internal projects, utilising a plethora of web skills. Whether this is day to day web development of campaigns or working on new innovative projects with the team.
You must eat, sleep and breathe code and all things tech!
We are looking for another passionate piece to our development team puzzle! You will be trained, supported, mentored and encouraged to thrive and learn within your position.
Working on a range of web development projects within our Adimo product suite delivering sophisticated solutions to the FMCG market including;
- Retailer integration’s o Add to Basket
- Buy it now
- Campaign Builder
- Voice Skills (Such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)
- Bespoke client campaign work
Work alongside senior development team to develop solutions to complex problems ensuring you meet;
- Client and internal deadlines
- Client briefs and brand guidelines
- Company and client budgets
- Key company guidelines and procedures
Aid in the development and innovation of the business and product suite by;
- Investigating competitors, retailer analysis and research
- Keeping yourself abreast of the latest Mar-tech developments ensuring we are always one step ahead
- Providing analysis and diagnostics of any errors; ensuring you provide quality solutions
Ensure campaign and project delivery runs smoothly by;
- Communicating to both the development team and product team on the progress of you projects
- Keeping yourself abreast of any changes, bugs, errors etc and flagging at the earliest point
- Acting as a “tech sponge” learning from your peers and mentors to ensure you are delivering projects to the highest standards
- Educated to degree level within relevant course including; Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with OOP and design patterns such as MVC & MVVM
- Experience with REST web services
- Knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL
- A real thirst for knowledge and a genuine passion to learn and develop within a dev role
What would sweeten the deal?
- Experience with NodeJS or C#
- You will be coding by day and coding by night! With your genuine passion being developing your own
- apps/websites in your spare time.
- Unit testing
- Experience within a Digital agency or similar Martech business
- Having worked within a commercial environment, delivering multiple projects
We believe that shopping should be simpler. Our technology connects brands directly with consumer baskets, making marketing shoppable and is used by Nestlé, PepsiCo and more.
But this is just the beginning. Our mission is to change we way people buy online around the world. To do this, we need ambitious, skilful people who want to build something amazing.
Why join us?
A fighting fit family. Exciting. Dynamic. Rewarding. An open ‘what can I do to help?’ environment.
Being a small and agile business there is huge opportunity for progression through hands-on learning from supportive senior team members, you will gain excellent experience that will open many opportunities for personal growth.
Great holiday entitlement, performance related bonuses, contribution based pensions, cycle to work scheme, staff perks at a range of restaurants in London & Glasgow. Sparkling colleague chat and all the tea and coffee you can drink.
How to apply
Please provide the following:
Your most recent CV attached with salary expectations and availability
For all applications you must include how you feel you demonstrate our Adimo Key Values;
- Be......... brilliant
- Be......... pro-active
- Be......... innovative
- Be......... a trusted advisor
Adimo is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
Apply now to start your e-Placement journey with Adimo today.