IT Support Analyst, 6 months, Edinburgh
About the company
Interface-The knowledge connection for business www.interface-online.org.uk provides companies a central point of access to the expertise available in Scotland's Higher Education and Research Institutions. Our core mission is “to enable business-academic collaborations for economic and societal benefit”.
About the role
This is an exciting new student placement opportunity for an IT Support Analyst within Interface. This will involve working within a small team to provide a high-quality 1st line IT support service to approximately 25 local users in 6 office locations across Scotland. This post is fixed term for 6 months.
Reporting to the Systems and Finance Manager, the role involves logging and resolving Service Desk calls for a wide range of areas and technologies including:
• Windows 7 & 10
• Microsoft Office products and Office 365 / SharePoint
• Dell & HP hardware
• HP multifunction device
• iOS mobile devices
In addition, the role will support the Systems and Finance Manager in migrating content to a new Customer relationship management [CRM] database and rolling out training and support to all team members so that they are fully operational on the new system.
Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a good all-round knowledge of IT and have a positive attitude in delivery to high standards. An excellent communicator and flexible approach to team working are key requirements. The candidate should also be an organised individual who can plan and prioritise their workload to comply with specific deadlines.
• A good working knowledge of Windows operating systems (specifically 7 and 10)
• A good working knowledge of MS Office (2010 – 2016)
• A good working knowledge of Office 365, including SharePoint online
• A good working knowledge of iOS devices
• Multifunction printer/scanner support
• Excellent communication skills
• Dell & HP desktop and laptop hardware knowledge
• RemoteApp and Desktop Connections
• Use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
• Other operating systems, including MacOS and Android
• Will act in a polite and professional manner to all members of the team
• Will deliver a high-quality service
• Will escalate issues to appropriate members of staff
• Will listen openly to others' opinions and share their own views frankly
• Have the ability to deal with a wide range of individuals and communicate effectively
• Will work along with others as part of a team
• Will be able to manage core tasks already prioritised by senior members of staff
• Will ensure that resources are not wasted
• Working closely with senior staff they will manage their time effectively to meet specified deadlines.
• Will take direction and conduct tasks as requested by the Systems and Finance Manager and other team members
• Will be able to identify problems, escalating to senior members of staff
• Will be able to direct enquiries by email/phone to the appropriate individual or department
• Specific for role e.g. MS Office, O365 / SharePoint etc.
• Is willing to participate in training relevant to job specific roles
• Will provide suggestions for possible areas of improvement within department/role
• Will be prepared to contribute suggestions for improvements in the way in which work within their role is carried out
Provide a professional and high quality customer service.
There is no nationality requirement for this post, but applicants are required to have unrestricted right of abode in the United Kingdom, and must have the right to work in the United Kingdom, being either a national of a member of the European Economic Area, or having an unrestricted UK work permit.