Internal Audit – Analyst Intern – Summer 2019 – Edinburgh
Internal Audit’s primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and executive management that BlackRock’s businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all businesses globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results.
Our team is known for
Building confidence in the firm:
• As an independent evaluator of BlackRock’s operations, processes and controls
• As an advisor and partner to BlackRock’s businesses
• As a trusted resource for the Board of Directors and senior leadership
Working with businesses across the firm:
• To help ensure their operations are working as intended
• To identify and help the business manage the risks inherent in their operations
• To assure that the controls built into our processes are working properly or effectively
The diversity of our skills, expertise, and backgrounds:
• Our people come from trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance, operations and other roles
Teams at a glance
Business - With teams in the US, Europe, and Asia, the Business Audit group performs audits covering all BlackRock business units, including investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance.
Technology - The Technology Audit group, also in the US, Europe and Asia, performs design review and testing related to technology controls across application systems and infrastructure components such as databases, operating systems, data centers and messaging platforms.
As an analyst you will
• Engage with BlackRock businesses to identify key processes and risks
• Evaluate process design and operations to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of these processes
• Stay connected with businesses across the firm to understand changes to their risks and operations
• Participate in advisory projects aimed at optimizing business and technology control activities and processes
Full job spec can be viewed here:
Applications closing 11.11.18