Intern Java Software Engineer – 3 Months Summer 2020 – Glasgow
About the Company
Have you ever wondered how video platforms like BBC iPlayer or Sky TV recommend the right programmes and movies that you like to watch at the right time?
Have you considered how they know what you like to binge on, and how they remind you when the next episodes of your favourite series are about to start so you don’t miss them?
ThinkAnalytics is the leading provider and most widely deployed personalised TV content recommendation engine in the market today, bringing together intelligent search with comprehensive media content recommendations. Our Emmy® Award Winning proprietary machine learning and AI technology powers content discovery, navigation and personalization seamlessly across TV set-top boxes, IPTV, tablets, mobile and more.
About the role
Successful applicants will work on a software development project related to our products in the TV and Video content recommendations space, and will receive mentoring from one of our development gurus. This will provide priceless experience of the entire software life-cycle while working within a team that has delivered world-leading software. In addition, students will develop “soft skills” including team working and communications skills. Students will also gain valuable exposure to recommender systems. Furthermore, many of our placements result in a firm offer of full-time, permanent employment following graduation.
- Computer Science students (or a similar field of study)
- Some knowledge of Java
- A genuine interest in leading edge Software Development and technologies to develop solutions such as Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning, Predictive Voice Control.
Ideally, some knowledge of a selection of the tools & technologies listed below would be an advantage:
- Java IDE like Eclipse/IntelliJ
- Git/cvs or other version control systems
- Java Application Servers like Wildfly
- Jira/Confluence or other collaborative working tools
Although not essential, we would also be interested in students who have experience and/or an interest in:
- Cloud Computing e.g. AWS or Goggle Cloud
- No SQL Databases like Cassandra/MongoDb
- Apache Spark
- Voice Control and Natural Language Understanding
Apply online now with a CV and cover letter to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with ThinkAnalytics