Hardware Engineer, 3 months, Summer 2017, Fife
Successful candidates will likely have an excellent academic background and be on track for a 2:1 or above at Honours/Masters level in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent, or similar discipline. You’ll also be able to demonstrate a passion for electronics or hardware design and have good knowledge of computer architecture. You’ll likely have picked up a soldering iron as a teenager, are comfortable at a lab bench debugging circuits, and you’ve probably got a string of hobby projects with microcontrollers, FPGAs or Raspberry Pi’s behind you.
About the Role
We are looking for interns with any of these skills:•
- Knowledge of electronics design using schematic capture and other CAD tools.
- Understanding of debug of designs and transfer to manufacture using oscilloscopes, logic analysers and soldering tools.
- Design of embedded products including processors (32 bit/DSP), memory subsystems (DDR and Flash), high performance peripheral chips and I/O subsystems.
- Knowledge of FPGA Development using Verilog or VHDL
- C Coding for embedded systems.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office.
Your design will be used by professional AV system administrators and embedded in end user products used by consumers like you. Want to be involved in the next generation of our IPTV products? Then get in touch with us.
What we offer
In addition to working with leading edge technologies and being part of a talented and collaborative team you will you will also benefit from:
• Learning and development – working in a small team of people you will work be working on commercial projects, creating endless opportunities for you to learn and grow your Hardware knowledge and experience.
• Career development – our growing Company creates opportunities for each member of our team, so there’s plenty of potential for development.
• Share in our success – Your efforts will be rewarded, check out exterity.com/graduates/what-we-offer-graduates.
Our engineering teams develop and build a range of IPTV products, from head end through to set top box and server, building a coherent and comprehensive technology stack. We call it create, play, control.
Exterity is recruiting interns get experience of developing our next generation of products, delivering high quality TV and video over enterprise IP networks. The scope of possibilities is endless as the team are constantly developing new ideas and products.