Ecommerce Developer, Part-time, 12 months, Glasgow
This role is 2 days per week so would suit an eager student looking to begin their trade in web development.
NDEZ Ltd is a forward thinking web development company established over 20+ years. We have become an industry expert in our field of Ecommerce solutions over the years. Currently we service over 30+ mainly Magento customers in a wide variation of tasks. We are known for our attention to detail, our business focus, technical abilities and analytical approach to our unique solutions.
The Ecommerce Programmer/Developer is responsible for being part of a 6 person team (4 back-end, 2 front-end) in the development of the solution for our e-commerce customers, primarily the role will be backend programming initially with PHP then onto learn Magento in parallel, but may involve front-end issues, to implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
He/she will be collaborating with front-end developers and marketing to produce outstanding user experiences, developing and maintaining high traffic e-commerce sites daily. The ideal person is someone who excels in a problem solving, data driven, attention to detail in a dynamic environment and is also an all-around team player.
Training will be provided internally or if required with online courses/similar but can be discussed with the successful applicant as required.
Initally this is a part-time position 2 days a week, could lead to full-time position in the company and term of employment initially 12 months.
- Monitor and optimize site performance, stability and security
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with existing custom codes
- Customize and deploy Magento extensions and themes
- Develop new technology through custom development
- Work with UI/UX designers on implementing site changes
- Support maintenance of the site via our ticket support system
- Utilize web services to integrate with 3rd party applications
- Keep Magento up to date and upgrade to the latest releases
- Collaborate with Sales/Marketing, other developers and 3rd party resources to develop new ways to enhance functionality and increase conversions
- Liaise with customers to resolve issues and advise
Knowledge of responsive design standards
Worked with source control version system (GIT)
Knowledge of XML-RPC, REST, SOAP and other web services
Knowledge of Apache, MySQL, Nginx, Varnish, Redis
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A team player
- Passionate about new technology
- Knowledge of caching and CDN implementation
- Past experience of working with e-commerce platforms/CMS platforms a plus
- Available to work from 9am to 5pm in our office
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Casual dress code
- Free Coffee and Tea
- Pension 5% of gross annual salary
- Life Cover
- 28 Days holiday (pro-rata) plus 9 statutory days
- Close to City Centre - 10 - 15 minutes walk
- Close to station - 5 minutes walk - SECC
How to apply
Please include a cover letter along with your CV, demonstrating your experience of the following:
- Exposure or practical work in programming (back-end, front-end), ideally freelance
- Proven track record to apply yourself to a task
Applicants must also be eligible to work in the UK for at least the next 12 months.