Internship – DevOps Team, Sky Technology, Livingston
Location: Scotland – Livingston
Employee status: Summer Intern
Schedule: Summer 2019, 37.5 hours/week
Sky is currently seeking a passionate Intern to join our DevOps team in Livingston for Summer 2019.
Sky DevOps is an Agile inspired culture which enables smarter, faster and better integration between development and operations areas. At Sky this is achieved through a great team who are passionate about what they do, continually evolving our methods, always seeking better approaches, providing new automated approaches and fostering a culture of collaboration. As an intern DevOps engineer you will become part of this team, using cutting edge tools and technologies across Cloud based platforms to provide value right through the Sky delivery lifecycles.
As a member of our DevOps team, you will be working alongside industry experts supporting intelligent delivery of Sky applications for our customers.
What you can expect:
- To be working in a DevOps team enabling dynamic delivery of change at high speed
- To be working in an exciting & ever-changing environment supporting Agile practices
- To be creating intelligent automated processes in various languages
- To get hands on experience with the following;
- Cloud technologies, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Jira, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Jenkins, CI, Bots, Virtualisation, monitoring
- To be buddied up with some of our senior DevOps Engineers so that you can learn & experience as much as possible during your 12 weeks with the team
What we will be looking for
- Currently studying towards a Computer Science related degree in your penultimate or final year;
- Passionate about making a difference;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to program or script in at least 2 modern languages;
- Understanding of cloud technology principle;
- Understanding of DevOps culture within an Agile methodology
Believe in Better