Design Intern – 6-12 Months – Part Time – Edinburgh
About the Company
Data Innovation.AI Ltd is a novel start-up seeking to apply the emerging technique of Decision Intelligence: the integration of AI with human decision making, to significantly increase the quality of outcomes in circumstances of complexity, risk and uncertainty.
Our flagship product, WorkSafeAI™ manages the complexity of human infection transmission within our workplaces. Designed to be used by Building Owners & managers, Health and Safety Specialists, Architects & Building Designers, or Mechanical and Electrical engineers, WorkSafeAI™ makes visible the circulation of infectious diseases lurking inside buildings. This allows targeting and testing of interventions and mitigating actions and expenditure.
About the role
We are looking for a Design Intern to join us on a part time basis (up to 20 hours per week) for a 6 – 12 month period. We are looking for someone to joins us from September/October 2021 and be based in our office in Edinburgh.
As a Design Intern you would:
- Assist with the assessment of building architecture and mechanical/ electrical design documents for suitability for a WorkSafeAI assessment.
- Assist with the production of DWG and files type suitable for import to Unity 3D modelling environment: working closely with our Unity/ gamification lead, you will get a full understanding of how building designs and avatars of building occupants can be displayed in an immersive environment, for multiple use cases or applications.
- Specific Project: investigate the ingestion of 3D images usng technologies such as MatterPort and LIDAR measurements to BIM/ Revit, and propose automation steps, which can then be coded and automated by the software engineering team.
You will be a confident self-starter with the ability to work on your own and also as part of a team. You should possess excellent communication skills and be working towards a qualification in a related degree.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD (or equivalent) and BIM
- Familiarity with 3D designs, specifically Revit file types and the conversion of 2D DWG files to 3D Revit
- Some understanding or familiarity with MatterPort and 3D mapping techniques
Apply online now to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with Data Innovation.AI Ltd