Based in Lerwick, Shetland, Shetland Heat Energy and Power Ltd (SHEAP) have been serving cost effective district heating to properties for over 20 years.
There is now an excellent opportunity for a 12-week student placement to update the CAD (Computer Aided Design) drawing of the network to include all historic as-built drawings, enabling all the data to be held in a central, easily accessible location.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- CAD familiarisation including layering, accuracy and drawing techniques
- Familiarisation with hand drawn as-builds, archives and current condition of the CAD drawing.
- Establish a process for inputting as-built details from hand drawings onto CAD drawing.
- Input as-built information into the CAD drawing and file all hard copies correctly. Where drawings are unavailable or insufficient some investigation work will be required including fieldwork and checking SHEAPs archives.
- Create handover document to ensure continuity in the future.
- For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Roddy Christie-Henry on 01595 74515.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Open to all current HNC, HND and degree students who will return to their studies after the summer, preferably in subjects relating to Design, Engineering, Built Environment. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- AutoCAD knowledge.
- Ability to understand technical drawings
- High level of computer literacy – MS office.
- Self- motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Highly organised.
- Good communicator.
- Commitment to project completion.
- Undertaking a technical course of study.
- Driving licence.
This is an excellent opportunity for a student to gain meaningful work experience in a supportive environment, whilst contributing to a socially beneficial company.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Student Placement Programme is the tailored 2-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of students and ScotGrad alumni. All students appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Preferred start date: 10/06/2019
Shetland Heat Energy and Power Ltd we have been serving cost effective district heating to both domestic and non-domestic properties in Lerwick since 1998. Hot water is pumped through underground, insulated pipes and enters properties through a heat exchanger.
Company sector: Energy Low Carbon Renewables
Company website: http://www.sheap-ltd.co.uk/
All applications must be made on Scotgrad's website, via the "Apply here" link below: