Internship – Automation Test Engineer, Sky Technology, Livingston
Location: Scotland – Livingston
Employee status: Summer Intern
Schedule: Summer 2019, 37.5 hours/week
Sky is currently seeking a passionate Intern to join our Automation team in Livingston for Summer 2019.
Sky Automation is an Agile inspired culture which enables smarter, faster and better integration between development and operations areas. At Sky this is achieved through a great team who are passionate about what they do, continually evolving our methods, always seeking better approaches, providing new automated approaches and fostering a culture of collaboration. As an intern Automation Engineer you will become part of this team, using cutting edge tools and technologies to provide value right through the Sky delivery lifecycles.
As a member of the Automation Team within UKIS, you’ll help deliver, maintain and support reliable automated components which form the backbone of Sky's test process.
What you can expect:
- To play a critical role in delivering a quality product as part of a wider test team.
- To deliver efficient processes that reduce the execution of repetitive tasks.
- To deliver readable and reusable solutions with excellent reporting and diagnostic capability.
- To get hands on experience with the following;
- Test and Automation Tools such as Git, Jira, Inteli-J, LeanFT, Selenium, Jenkins as well as exposure to SQL, UNIX and Shell Scripting.
- To be buddied up with some of our senior Test Engineers so that you can learn & experience as much as possible during your 12 weeks with the team
What we will be looking for
- Currently studying towards a Computer Science related degree in your penultimate or final year;
- Passionate about making a difference;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to program or script in at least 2 modern languages;
- Understanding of Automation within an Agile methodology
Believe in Better