3D Modelling Engineer Intern – 6- 12 Months – Part Time – Edinburgh
About the Company
Data Innovation.AI Ltd is a novel startup seeking to apply the emerging technique of Decision Intelligence: the integration of AI with human decision making, to significantly increase the quality of outcomes in circumstances of complexity, risk and uncertainty.
Our flagship product, WorkSafeAI™ manages the complexity of human infection transmission within our workplaces. Designed to be used by Building Owners & managers, Health and Safety Specialists, Architects & Building Designers, or Mechanical and Electrical engineers, WorkSafeAI™ makes visible the circulation of infectious diseases lurking inside buildings. This allows targeting and testing of interventions and mitigating actions and expenditure.
About the role
We are looking for a 3D Modelling Engineer Intern to join us on a part time basis (up to 20 hours per week) for a 6 – 12 month period. We are looking for someone to joins us from September/October 2021 and be based in our office in Edinburgh.
As a 3D Modelling Engineer Intern, you would:
- Assist with the product backlog of our Unity-driven 3D modelling environment, which takes detailed building engineering drawings to recreate workplaces and other facilities in the digital world.
- Working closely with our design engineering lead, you will get a full understanding of how the build environment can be ingested to Unity to drive a number of simulations, including the circulation of pathogens.
- Specific project: investigate and improve on the human movement modelling to create as accurately as possible, the use of the environment by its occupants. Determine which and how modelling parameters need to be passed into Unity, how to adjust and automate the parameter passing/ automation of the simulation.
You will be a confident self-starter with the ability to work on your own and also as part of a team. You should possess excellent communication skills and be working towards a qualification in a related degree.
- Able to code in Unity and a full appreciation of the UI and middleware capabilities.
- Representation and automation of avatars, and the production of “realistic” movements.
Apply online now with your CV and cover letter to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with Data Innovation.AI Ltd