2021 Summer Analyst – Software Engineering
About the company
BlackRock is a global investment manager, serving the UK market for more than 20 years. We are committed to helping more and more people plan for their financial future. No matter what your goals may be, at BlackRock, we are invested in you.
BlackRock offers a range of solutions for institutions, financial professionals and individuals across the UK. From shop assistants in your local stores to national organisations and charities, BlackRock has helped people from the UK take control of their financial security for more than 20 years.
More information can be found here:
About the role
We build products and services to meet the needs of BlackRock and our clients. Our technology culture and solutions help distinguish BlackRock as an industry leader in both asset management and cutting-edge technologies. The team is made up of software engineers, data scientists, data engineers, quant developers, DevOps engineers, product managers, business analysts, UX engineers, UX designers and more, all working to drive innovation in the financial services industry.
Our team is known for:
- Being passionate about technology and solving complex problems
- Being from diverse industries and academic backgrounds
- Developing in Java, Python, Cassandra, Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, a host of languages and open source technologies
- Being technology leaders that unlock incremental innovation and drive technology culture at BlackRock
What will you do as an Analyst?
- Gain a broad understanding of the investment process and the capabilities of Aladdin Become a life-long learner through our BlackRock Academies
- Work closely with senior engineers developing specific parts of the Aladdin platform. Take ownership of projects and watch your creations be released to thousands of users
- Use ground-breaking technologies such as Spark, Storm, Solr, Cassandra, Hadoop, Angular, React, iOS, and more
- Collaborate with colleagues to build innovative products during firm wide hackathons
- Meet smart, fun people through volunteering, employee and professional networks, and every-day interactions
What capabilities are we looking for?
- Intermediate programming skills in an OO language e.g. Java or Python
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Technical curiosity
Your learning and development will include:
- As part of the analyst program you will participate in four 6-month assignments across various technology streams during a two-year rotational program, providing a breadth of experiences to teams, technologies and businesses.
- During the summer analyst program, you will work within one technology stream whilst gaining wider exposure through networking, social events and project work.
Apply online now to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with BlackRock