2021 Program Analyst – Internal Audit
About the company
BlackRock is a global investment manager, serving the UK market for more than 20 years. We are committed to helping more and more people plan for their financial future. No matter what your goals may be, at BlackRock, we are invested in you.
BlackRock offers a range of solutions for institutions, financial professionals and individuals across the UK. From shop assistants in your local stores to national organisations and charities, BlackRock has helped people from the UK take control of their financial security for more than 20 years.
More information can be found here:
About the role
Internal Audit Positions available in: Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific Together, we help more and more people experience financial well-being. In particular, Internal Audit ensures our businesses are managed effectively and meet the firm's objectives.
What does our business do?
Internal Audit’s primary mission is to assure the Board of Directors and executive management that BlackRock’s businesses are well managed and meet strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all businesses globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the impact of key processes and assist in the design of standards that can improve their results.
Our business contains 3 teams
Performs design review and testing related to technology controls across application systems and infrastructure components such as databases, operating systems, data centers and messaging platforms
Performs audits covering all business units, including investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance
Uses BlackRock data to build analytical tools and reports that assist the audit teams in delivering effective audits, and contributes to department management through the analysis of Internal Audit data
Our business is known for:
- Building confidence in the firm by acting as an independent evaluator of BlackRock’s operations, processes and controls, advising and partnering with global businesses, and being a trusted source for the Board of Directors and senior leadership
- Working with partners across the company to help verify their operations are working as intended, to identify and help the business manage the risks inherent in their operations, and to assure that the controls built into our processes are working accurately and optimally
- The diversity of our skills, expertise, and backgrounds extends across trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance, operations and other roles
We partner with:
• Internally: All businesses within BlackRock
• Externally: BlackRock Board of Directors Audit Committee, Global Regulators
What will you do as an analyst?
- Engage with BlackRock businesses to identify key processes and risks
- Evaluate process design and operations to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of these processes
- Participate in projects that optimize business and technology activities and processes
- Connect with businesses across the firm to understand changes to their risks and operations
What capabilities are we looking for?
- Analytical approach
- Basic or intermediate coding and programming skills
- Critical thinking
- Project management
- Relationship management
Apply online now to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with BlackRock