2021 Program Analyst – Finance
About the company
BlackRock is a global investment manager, serving the UK market for more than 20 years. We are committed to helping more and more people plan for their financial future. No matter what your goals may be, at BlackRock, we are invested in you.
BlackRock offers a range of solutions for institutions, financial professionals and individuals across the UK. From shop assistants in your local stores to national organisations and charities, BlackRock has helped people from the UK take control of their financial security for more than 20 years.
More information can be found here:
About the role
Finance – What does our business do?
Finance’s mission is to be a trusted, world-class global finance organization by delivering timely, accurate and insightful financial information and analysis. The group provides thought leadership across BlackRock’s control and risk management environment to improve decision making, optimize allocation of firm resources and help achieve the firm’s objectives.
Our business contains nine teams:
Responsible for corporate accounting, books and records, and financial reporting
Identifies and executes transactions, lift-outs and strategic partnerships
Drives compliance with corporate-wide financial statement audit and control requirements
Sourcing & Vendor Management
Engages and manages vendors to minimize risk and realize full value of investment
Management Information Initiatives
Produces Assets Under Management reports, business economic analysis, and process and technology initiatives to improve finance operations
Financial Planning & Analysis
Provides analysis and reporting to inform business decisions and drive performance
Manages and communicates firm information with the investment community
Focuses on cash management and operational liquidity
Focuses on tax planning, reporting and regulatory compliance for BlackRock and its products
Our team is known for:
- Being a trusted business partner.
- Providing relevant and timely analysis and reports that inform business decisions and drive performance
- Producing high quality financial reporting and maintaining meticulous risk oversight and controls
- Driving efficiencies by delivering strategic insight and driving enhanced accountability
What will you do as an Analyst?
- Experience different elements in Finance and how they come together to deliver results to our partners
- Learn about operational activities and develop insight into each of our Finance teams
- Produce financial reports, commentary and analysis
- Develop an understanding of the internal control and risk management framework
- Actively search for operational improvements within the role
- Engage with leaders of Finance through participation in talent committees and career development programs
What capabilities are we looking for?
- Analytical approach
- Numerical skills
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
Apply online now to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with BlackRock