2021 Program Analyst – Business Operations
About the company
BlackRock is a global investment manager, serving the UK market for more than 20 years. We are committed to helping more and more people plan for their financial future. No matter what your goals may be, at BlackRock, we are invested in you.
BlackRock offers a range of solutions for institutions, financial professionals and individuals across the UK. From shop assistants in your local stores to national organisations and charities, BlackRock has helped people from the UK take control of their financial security for more than 20 years.
More information can be found here:
About the role
What do we do as a business?
Business Operations, totaling 3,000+ employees across 40+ offices globally, is comprised of 6 different streams, spanning Data & Artificial Intelligence to Provider Strategy. The business area is responsible for processes required for the end-to-end investment management process, providing operational support to BlackRock’s portfolio management teams and client groups globally. We also manage the day-to-day relationships with external service providers, such as banks and data/index suppliers, ensuring that we leverage and optimize BlackRock's relationships.
Business operations contains two teams:
Supports our investment and client businesses by operating across business management, client onboarding and implementation, and client experience management.
Supports our technology business areas by partnering with cyber and information security, data science and AI, and technology enterprise services.
Our team is known for:
- Providing data services and solutions to support the entire firm
- Improving the client experience
- Managing the firm’s funds aligning to the Retail, Institutional and ETF client businesses
- Managing relationships with banks and market data/index providers
- Delivering scalable and customized reports
- Onboarding new portfolios by working across numerous BlackRock teams (sales, portfolio management, and investment operations)
- Analyzing trends to constantly improve service and client deliverables
- Understanding flow of client, market, and fund information across BlackRock and external data providers
- Working alongside our systems engineers and UI developers to help create the next generation of BlackRock's tools
- Proving out and productionalizing scalable infrastructure
- Developing technology solutions and providing expertise to address business and industry challenges
We partner with:
- Internally: Technology teams, Portfolio Managers, Legal & Compliance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Human Resources, and more
- Externally: Our teams work with clients such as banks and providers for onboarding, contracting, etc
What will you be doing as an Analyst?
- Gain exposure to multiple business areas and investment products across the firm and the globe
- Be challenged to think innovatively and creatively to solve complex business and operational issues
- Analyze trends in queries to improve client work
- Evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement
What capabilities are we looking for?
- Analytical approach
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Technical curiosity
Apply online now to start your e-Placement Scotland journey with BlackRock