Technology Summer Analyst Programme, Glasgow, 3 months, Summer 2019
Morgan Stanley is more than a leading financial services firm. With offices spanning 41 countries and talented, passionate people bringing excellence and integrity to everything we do, the firm is truly global. Throughout the firm’s history, diverse and talented individuals have worked together to develop our new ideas and groundbreaking financial products for the benefit of clients.
Technology redefines our business by creating quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling software, and comprehensive risk and security systems. Its insights and applications give a competitive edge to our firm.
You will join a world-class team of technologists as we develop and engineer systems that have true relevance to the global financial markets. You will work with a broad set of languages, tools and platforms that help harness the power of your creativity.
The 13-week program in Glasgow runs from early/mid-June through early September. The Program provides a real-world, project-based experience that will demonstrate first-hand what it is like to be a technologist for a top financial firm. Summer Analysts who excel may receive an offer to join the Full-Time Technology Analyst Training Program.
Summer Analysts will participate in an induction process that includes an overview of the Firm and Technology. In addition to working on a live project, Program highlights include senior management networking events, technical demonstrations and courses, team-building opportunities and a technical speaker series.
Do you have a passion for technology, an interest in data analysis, and experience with programming, maths or other related fields? We’re looking for people with excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills to become the next valuable member of our team.
- You must be currently pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related technology/science/engineering discipline.
- Ideally you are in your second year of a three year course or third year of a four year course and available to start full-time employment in 2019.
- You have outstanding academic achievements, and are on track for a minimum 2.1 honours or equivalent.
- You are familiar with the foundations of at least one programming language: e.g., Java, C++ or C#.
- You have a good understanding of Operating systems (Windows or Unix), data structures, databases and algorithms.
- You have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and team player.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have a demonstrated interest in technology
Duration: 13 weeks (Glasgow)
Start Date: June 2019
Application deadline: November 26 2018
How to apply
Applications are being handled directly by Morgan Stanley and therefore e-Placement Scotland will be unable to provide feedback on applications. All applications must be made via the "Apply here" link below: